[comp.sys.mac] Mac II hard disk questions

rcb@rti.UUCP (Randy Buckland) (11/17/87)

Hi. I am looking into the purchase of a macintosh II and have a couple of
questions.

	1. What stories exist (good and bad) about third party internal
		hard disks. I am looking at the CMS ProAPP 40meg drives,
		are they any good? The price I saw was $965. Is this good?
		Are there better drives? The difference in purchasing the
		machine with and without the hard drive is $1400 and I
		thought I could do better.

	2. Are there any problems with Lightspeed Pascal V1.11A
		(my intended development environment)? I tried a quick
		test and everything seemed fine. I had one strange
		lockup, but there may have something wierd installed
		because after a reboot, the same operations worked fine.

	3. What is a good price for a macintosh II (2 floppy) system unit?

That's about all for now.

--
					Randy Buckland (919)-541-7103
					Research Triangle Institute

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Richard Siegel) (11/18/87)

In article <1856@rti.UUCP> rcb@rti.UUCP (Randy Buckland) writes:
>Hi. I am looking into the purchase of a macintosh II and have a couple of
>questions.
>
>	2. Are there any problems with Lightspeed Pascal V1.11A
>		(my intended development environment)? I tried a quick
>		test and everything seemed fine. I had one strange
>		lockup, but there may have something wierd installed
>		because after a reboot, the same operations worked fine.

	There have been reports of crashes using Lightspeed Pascal 1.11a
on a Macintosh II in color mode, but this crash happens on a very random
basis. Nonetheless, we are tracking this problem.

Otherwise, there are no known problems running Lightspeed Pascal 1.11a on a
Mac II..

		--Rich
**The opinions stated herein are my own opinions and do not necessarily
represent the policies or opinions of my employer (THINK Technologies, Inc).

* Richard M. Siegel | {decvax, ucbvax, sun}!harvard!endor!singer    *
* Customer Support  | singer@endor.harvard.edu			    *
* Symantec, THINK Technologies Division.  (No snappy quote)         *