[comp.sys.mac] Multifinder in PUCC???

UD069225@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Eric H. Romo) (11/16/87)

Can someone upload Multifinder to PUCC. I just saw it appeared on
GEnie(Mac RT) so it should be OK for BITNET too. And how about the new
System and Finder files as well, and other files related to the
current release. Oh yaa and Stuffit1.20 as well??

Thanks for your help,
-------
ERIC H. ROMO
<UD069225@NDSUVM1.BITNET>
CHEMISTRY DEPT. UNIV. OF NORTH DAKOTA
GRAND FORKS, N.D.

chuq@plaid.UUCP (11/17/87)

>Can someone upload Multifinder to PUCC. I just saw it appeared on
>GEnie(Mac RT) so it should be OK for BITNET too. And how about the new
>System and Finder files as well, and other files related to the
>current release. Oh yaa and Stuffit1.20 as well??

Please DON'T! For a network, BBs, user group or timesharing service to be
able to distribute or copy the Finder/System software, they need to sign
a licensing agreement with Apple. Usenet/Arpa/Bitnet/etc have NOT.
Therefore, posting this stuff to any of teh groups or putting it in an
archive is illegal. If you want it, find a local user group or get it from a
timesharing service. Or talk to the folks at Bmug, who have it for $8.00.

chuq

---
Chuq "Fixed in 4.0" Von Rospach			chuq@sun.COM	Delphi: CHUQ

pswisnov@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Peter S. Wisnovsky) (11/17/87)

The MacServe archive at PUCC.BITNET is a copy of the sumex-aim archive.
--
Peter Wisnovsky		pswisnov@phoenix.princeton.edu   BitNet: pswisnov@pucc
Favorite real Watchmen quote: "Oh shit. I'm on Mars."

jordan@apple.UUCP (Jordan Mattson) (11/17/87)

Dear Eric -

	I think that that would not be a good idea, for BITNET and Usenet do
not have electronic distribution licenses.  This is a problem that needs to
be fixed, but until it is done, it is illegal to post MultiFinder on BITNET
and Usenet.
	I will see what I can do about getting BITNET and Usenet electronic
distribution licenses.  Before I can do it, I will need organizations that are
willing to do the posting.
--

Jordan Mattson				UUCP:   ucbvax!mtxinu!apple!jordan
Apple Computer, Inc.			CSNET: 	jordan@apple.CSNET

RLWALD@pucc.UUCP (11/18/87)

In article <442UD069225@NDSUVM1>, UD069225@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Eric H. Romo) writes:

>Can someone upload Multifinder to PUCC. I just saw it appeared on
>GEnie(Mac RT) so it should be OK for BITNET too. And how about the new
>System and Finder files as well, and other files related to the
>current release. Oh yaa and Stuffit1.20 as well??

   MACSERVE@PUCC is only a shadow of Info-Mac(@SUMEX-AIM). You cannot
put anything on it, except what goes in Info-Mac. Anyway, I think you
need permission to make System Software publicly available (which
GEnie has).

-Rob Wald                Bitnet: RLWALD@PUCC.BITNET
                         Uucp: {ihnp4|allegra}!psuvax1!PUCC.BITNET!RLWALD
                         Arpa: RLWALD@PUCC.Princeton.Edu
"Why are they all trying to kill me?"
     "They don't realize that you're already dead."     -The Prisoner