[comp.sys.mac] Picture in SE ROM

g099508030ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu.UUCP (11/13/87)

I posted this a few days ago, but don't know if it got posted or not,
so I'll try once more...

Could someone please post (or send via e-mail) the command(s) for
displaying the picture of the SE development team that resides in the
SE rom.  A friend bought a SE a short while ago and I told him I would
try to find out for him.  I only have a mac plus, and all of it's rom
is used doing more important things.  Thanks in advance.

jim deline  ucbvax!ucdavis!deneb!jedeline

borton@net1.ucsd.edu (Chris Borton) (11/15/87)

In article <483@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> g099508030ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu.UUCP (jedeline) writes:
>Could someone please post (or send via e-mail) the command(s) for
>displaying the picture of the SE development team that resides in the
>SE rom.

The command from the mini-debugger (hit the interrupt button) is:

G 41D89A

This was gleaned from May 1987 MacTutor, p. 8.  I haven't found a pleasant way
to get out of it other than restart-button.

-cbb
Chris "Johann" Borton, UC San Diego	...!sdcsvax!borton
					borton@ucsd.edu or BORTON@UCSD.BITNET
Letztes Jahr in Deutschland, nog een jaar hier, en dan naar Amsterdam!
"H = F cubed.  Happiness = Food, Fun, & Friends."  --Steve Wozniak

kraut@ut-ngp.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (11/15/87)

In article <4293@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU>, borton@net1.ucsd.edu (Chris Borton) writes:
> In article <483@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> g099508030ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu.UUCP (jedeline) writes:

> The command from the mini-debugger (hit the interrupt button) is:
> G 41D89A
> This was gleaned from May 1987 MacTutor, p. 8.  I haven't found a pleasant way
> to get out of it other than restart-button.

I hit the INTERRUPT button again and enter ES (for EscapetoShell) to return to
the Finder.  If you don't have MacsBugs installed, the following might work,
though I have not tried it:

SM 0 a9f4
G 0

--
kraut@ngp.utexas.edu

rj0z+@andrew.cmu.edu (Robert George Johnston, Jr.) (11/17/87)

    The question was how to see the Macintosh SE
Development Team pictures that exist in the SE's ROM.

    (1) Press the Interrupt Button on the side of the SE.
          (This is the Programmer's Switch)

    (2) Type G 41D89A

    (3) Press Return.

    This will run a very small program in ROM that displays
four (I think) pictures of assorted Apple Development People.
You must Restart your Macintosh to get out of this, so don't
do it while working on something important.

Rob Johnston
Carnegie Mellon Macintosh User's Group
Software Librarian

hammen@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Robert Joseph Hammen) (11/18/87)

In article <4293@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU> borton@net1.UUCP (Chris Borton) writes:

<discussion on how to view the slide show in the SE ROMs>

>This was gleaned from May 1987 MacTutor, p. 8.  I haven't found a pleasant way
>to get out of it other than restart-button.

Actually, there is a small (~1K) application floating around that displays
the slide show and lets you quit without rebooting. I believe it's somewhere
in the Info-Mac archives...

>Chris "Johann" Borton, UC San Diego	...!sdcsvax!borton

Robert Hammen	Computer Applications, Inc.	hammen@csd4.milw.wisc.edu
Delphi: HAMMEN		GEnie: R.Hammen		CI$: 70701,2104