[comp.sys.mac] Next system wish...

merlyn@starfire.UUCP (Brian Westley) (11/17/87)

How difficult would it be for the next system to read fonts & DAs
from folders "Fonts" and "Desk Accessories", as well as from the
system file in a future release of the system?  I know about
Suitcase, etc, but this obviously the way to do it (when I first
got my Mac about 2 months after it came out, I thought fonts & DAs
should be done that way).  Suitcase would still be useful in fetching
stuff not in the "usual places".  This way, system fonts & device driver DAs
could be part of the system, and extra fonts & DAs could be juggled
around much easier.

Merlyn LeRoy

straka@ihlpf.ATT.COM (Straka) (11/19/87)

In article <178@starfire.UUCP> merlyn@starfire.UUCP (Brian Westley) writes:
>How difficult would it be for the next system to read fonts & DAs
>from folders "Fonts" and "Desk Accessories", as well as from the
>system file in a future release of the system?  I know about

Also INITS, soundfiles, startup screens, CDEVS and whatever else from
appropriate folders.  H***, why not from any folder in the system folder so
that users can't mis-name them?  Put unused ones in some other folder other
than under the system folder.  Can this be HARD?  I suspect not!
--
Rich Straka     ihnp4!ihlpf!straka

Advice for the day: "MSDOS - just say no."