[comp.sys.mac] MacsBugs 5.5

fiatlux@ucscc.UCSC.EDU.UUCP (11/20/87)

If you've got a Mac II, and the latest release of MacsBugs
(version 5.5), try double clicking on the icon for it.

It proceeds to plot a mandelbrot fractal. If you're running
in color (or even in monochrmome mode) it's even nicer. A friend
of mine showed me this a little while ago. It goes from large to
small in a short matter of time (let's hear it for the 68020 and
a 68881).

I love these neat features built into software.

If you're running Multifinder, when you choose "About
Multi-Finder..." in the apple menu, try holding down
option-command-shift when you do it. (I don't remember where I
heard this, probably in this group.)

Are there any other programs out there which do cute little
things like the above two do?

|		     	        David Vangerov				     |
|    Just your average Theater Arts major with a weird thing for computers   |
| fiatlux@ucscc.BITNET || fiatlux@ucscc.ucsc.EDU || ...!ucbvax!ucscc!fiatlux |

ir353@sdcc6.ucsd.EDU (Matthew Grayson) (11/21/87)

In article <1183@saturn.ucsc.edu> fiatlux@ucscc.UCSC.EDU (David Vangerov) writes:
>If you've got a Mac II, and the latest release of MacsBugs
>(version 5.5), try double clicking on the icon for it.
>
>It proceeds to plot a mandelbrot [set] ...

Actually, since Macsbug lives in the data fork, you can put any
application's code in the resource fork. I believe that there are
even some FKEYS in Macsbug 5.5. I pasted Macwrite's resources into
Macsbug with resedit. Sure enough, double click on your debugger and
write a quick letter.

LetterToMom     9k  Macsbug document Sat Nov 21......