[comp.sys.mac] French mac prices..

dumesny@batcomputer.UUCP (11/20/87)

Hi,
could someone please send me the french street prices of the following
macs (I guess it would have to be from someone in FRANCE)
mac SE
mac +
and also mac 512k (if they still sell them)

The reason for asking that is because I am planing on selling my 512KE
with HyperDrive, in FRANCE :-(  in order to get a macII :-)
and I would like to know now how much I could expect for it...
(the prices overthere are about 3 times those we get through the scholl).

Thanks for the reply,
Alain Dumesny           dumesny@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu
Cornell University      AWZY@CRNLVAX5.BITNET

schmidt@lsrhs.UUCP (Chris Schmidt) (11/23/87)

In article <2971@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> dumesny@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (Alain Dumesny) writes:
>Hi,
>could someone please send me the french street prices of the following
>macs (I guess it would have to be from someone in FRANCE)
>mac SE
>mac +
>and also mac 512k (if they still sell them)

I "imported" an SE with HD20 and an imagewriter II into France next summer
for my father-in-law.  The street price of that particular package is about
40,000 f or between 6 and 7 thousand dollars.  Understand why he wanted me
to buy his mac here?  Even if you get nailed with the 30% luxury tax (No one
asked me for it ;> ) it's still a deal.  So, I would guess that the street
price for a plus and an imagewriter (new) would be about 3.5 thousand.  You
could certainly get 2 thousand for a 512.
Chris Schmidt/Lincoln-Sudbury High School/390 Lincoln Rd/Sudbury/Ma/01776
	(617) 926-3242 ----->   mit-caf!lsrhs!schmidt@eddie.mit.edu
(And for you, Mr. NSA Line-Eater: drugs, terrorists, Libya, 1984)