[comp.sys.mac] new resedit

schmidt@lsrhs.UUCP (11/18/87)

Anyone know what the most recent version of ResEdit is?  Where it can be
found? And whether or not it's set up to handle all the new resource types
outlined in IM vol.5?

Thanks in advance.
Chris Schmidt/Lincoln-Sudbury High School/390 Lincoln Rd/Sudbury/Ma/01776
	(617) 926-3242 ----->   mit-caf!lsrhs!schmidt@eddie.mit.edu
(And for you, Mr. NSA Line-Eater: drugs, terrorists, Libya, 1984)

chuq@plaid.Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (11/20/87)

>Anyone know what the most recent version of ResEdit is?  Where it can be
>found? And whether or not it's set up to handle all the new resource types
>outlined in IM vol.5?

The most recent I've seen is 1.1d11. I don't think it supports IM vol 5
yet, though.

chuq
---
Chuq "Fixed in 4.0" Von Rospach			chuq@sun.COM	Delphi: CHUQ

tedj@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Ted Johnson) (11/20/87)

Does anyone know what the most recent STABLE version of ResEdit is?

I'm still using the version I got when I bought LSC in June (version
1.0.1) because more recent versions seemed to bomb more ofter, or
had a B (==>beta) in their version number.

Perhaps someone from Apple can answer this question?

-Ted

P.S.It'sp probably moot, but I'm running 4.1/5.5 on a SE HD20.

hannon@clio.las.uiuc.edu (11/22/87)

schmidt@lsrhs.UUCP(Chris Schmidt) writes in comp.sys.mac

>Anyone know what the most recent version of ResEdit is?  Where it can be
>found? And whether or not it's set up to handle all the new resource types
>outlined in IM vol.5?

	The most recent one that I know of is the one that shipped with MPW
2.0.  I believe that it is 1.1b3(?), and it does have TMPLs for most, if not
all, of the IMV types.  I know that it has the color resource, nrcts, etc.

	Leonard

+                                   |                                      +
+  Leonard Rosenthol                |  USnail:   205 E. Healey  #33        +
+  Halevai Software                 |            Champaign, Il  61820      +
+  GEnie: MACgician                 |                                      +
+  ARPA:  hannon@clio.las.uiuc.edu  |  Bitnet:   3FLOSDQ@UIUCNOSA.BITNET   +
+  {ihnp4|convex|pur-ee}!uiucuxc!clio!hannon                               +
+ Disclaimer #1: Since I own the company, I can say whatever I want, and   +
+                not be responsible for it!                                +
+                                                                          +
+ Disclaimer #2: Anything I say may be construed as being under the        +
+                jurisdiction of Disclaimer #1                             +

hammen@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Robert Joseph Hammen) (11/23/87)

In article <579@lsrhs.UUCP> schmidt@lsrhs.UUCP (Chris Schmidt) types:

>Anyone know what the most recent version of ResEdit is?  Where it can be
>found? And whether or not it's set up to handle all the new resource types
>outlined in IM vol.5?

The most recent version of ResEdit I've seen is 1.1 B3, which came with
the MPW 2.0 release from APDA. I don't know if it supports the new
resource types from IM5, but I suspect it does. You might be able to
order a copy from APDA, but I'd check with them first to find out what
version they have for sale (I think it's in a package called "Macintosh
Development Utilities or something).

>Chris Schmidt/Lincoln-Sudbury High School/390 Lincoln Rd/Sudbury/Ma/01776

Robert Hammen	Computer Applications, Inc.	hammen@csd4.milw.wisc.edu
Delphi: HAMMEN		GEnie: R.Hammen		CI$: 70701,2104

edmoy@violet.berkeley.edu (11/23/87)

In article <3613@uwmcsd1.UUCP> hammen@csd4.milw.wisc.edu.UUCP (Robert Hammen) writes:
>In article <579@lsrhs.UUCP> schmidt@lsrhs.UUCP (Chris Schmidt) types:
>>
>>Anyone know what the most recent version of ResEdit is?  Where it can be
>>found? And whether or not it's set up to handle all the new resource types
>>outlined in IM vol.5?
>
>The most recent version of ResEdit I've seen is 1.1 B3, which came with
>the MPW 2.0 release from APDA. I don't know if it supports the new
>resource types from IM5, but I suspect it does.

I download 1.1B3 from CompuServe (go macus, dl 3 as I recall).  Unfortuantely,
it doesn't contain the new resources.  But also on CompuServe are the templates
for many of the resources.  I think it is in dl 2 or dl 3.  Browse for resedit
to find it.

Edward Moy
Academic Computing Services
University of California