[comp.sys.mac] Warning! Morons on the loose!

tedj@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Ted Johnson) (11/20/87)

I realize that "MacWorld" is a fluff magazine, but this latest issue
(Dec. '87) takes the cake.  They actually PAID someone for the following
"How to/Quick Tip":

	Tip:  When I first started using continuous-feed paper, the tedium
	of tearing off the edges almost did me in.  I've developed a system
	that about cuts the time in half.  First, you fold the printed paper
	into a stack the way it came from the box.  Then you loosely fold it in
	half lengthwise so the tear-off strips are together.  Now you can
	tear off all the edges together, and lickety-split you're off doing
	something better with your time.

		-Stephen Bradshaw
		 Indianapolis, Indiana

	[the editor added the following comment...]
	If you have a thick pile of printed pages, separate it into smaller
	stacks before applying this method.

Can you believe the low IQ of these guys?!?
"I've developed a system...".  PLEASE!  Don't be so modest!
"that about cuts the time in half." Really?!?

Are things really so SLOW in Indiana (and at MacWorld) that they actually
believe that mindless trivialities like the above are important to Mac
users?  Ignorance of that magnitude is scary!

	-Ted

Ted Johnson
Hewlett-Packard, Design Technology Center
Santa Clara, CA
(408)553-3555                   Disclaimer:  these are my own opinions,
UUCP: hplabs!hpcea!hpcilzb!tedj              so don't bitch at my boss!

schmidt@lsrhs.UUCP (Chris Schmidt) (11/25/87)

In article <870041@hpcilzb.HP.COM> tedj@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Ted Johnson) writes:
>I realize that "MacWorld" is a fluff magazine, but this latest issue
>(Dec. '87) takes the cake.  They actually PAID someone for the following
>"How to/Quick Tip":
>
>	Tip:  When I first started using continuous-feed paper, the tedium
>	of tearing off the edges almost did me in.  I've developed a system
>	that about cuts the time in half.  First, you fold the printed paper
					etc . . .

Wow, I had no idea that the forum "for the rest of us" had finally
appeared.  *I* have a system for turning my Mac on which saves oodles of
effort.  First I put my hand around the back left, feeling for the toggle
switch.  Then, if the MAC IS NOT ALREADY ON (please note this condition) I
press the toggle switch in the only direction it will move.  If you try
pushing it in the wrong direction, IT WILL RESIST, DON'T FORCE IT!

Hope this has been helpful.

Chris Schmidt/Lincoln-Sudbury High School/390 Lincoln Rd/Sudbury/Ma/01776
	(617) 926-3242 ----->   mit-caf!lsrhs!schmidt@eddie.mit.edu