[comp.sys.mac] INIT code

schmidt@lsrhs.UUCP (Chris Schmidt) (11/23/87)

So let's say I want my SE's params set up a certain way everytime I boot with
a certain diskette.  And let's say I write code which sets those params.  Now
how do I package that code to turn it into and INIT?  Looking for a guru . ..

Chris Schmidt/Lincoln-Sudbury High School/390 Lincoln Rd/Sudbury/Ma/01776
	(617) 926-3242 ----->   mit-caf!lsrhs!schmidt@eddie.mit.edu
(And for you, Mr. NSA Line-Eater: drugs, terrorists, Libya, 1984)

shane@pepe.cc.umich.edu (Shane Looker) (11/25/87)

In article <617@lsrhs.UUCP> schmidt@lsrhs.UUCP (Chris Schmidt) writes:
>So let's say I want my SE's params set up a certain way everytime I boot with
>a certain diskette.  And let's say I write code which sets those params.  Now
>how do I package that code to turn it into and INIT?  Looking for a guru . ..
This is going to depend on what language/compiler you are using.  I've
written an INIT to do this which is about 10 lines of C code.  We've compiled
it under LSC and MPW C both.

You are just generating a CODE resource which is called an INIT resource.

Shane Looker                       |  "He's dead Jim,
shane@pepe.cc.umich.edu            |     you grab his tricorder,
uunet!umix!pepe.cc.umich.edu!shane |     I'll get his wallet."
Looker@um.cc.umich.edu