[comp.sys.mac] Apple File Exchange Mac-to-DOS ?? Does it work?

brucec@tekgen.TEK.COM (Bruce Cheney) (11/23/87)

Has anyone used the Apple File Exchange utility to read &
write 3.5 " disks in the format acceptable to the IBM PS/2 series
using the Mac's internal disk drive ?

The copy of Apple File Exchange I have seen appeared to require
a configuration-type file to support Mac-to-DOS transfers.  There
was a file for Mac-to-Mac transfer, but not one for Mac-to-DOS.

Anyone done Mac-to-DOS (DOS-to-Mac) this way? Please tell me
how you did it !!

thanks

brucec (Bruce Cheney  Tektronix/TriQuint Semi.  Beaverton, OR)

andrew@ems.Ems.MN.ORG (Andrew C.Esh) (11/28/87)

In article <2058@tekgen.TEK.COM> brucec@tekgen.TEK.COM (Bruce Cheney) writes:
>Has anyone used the Apple File Exchange utility to read &
>write 3.5 " disks in the format acceptable to the IBM PS/2 series
>using the Mac's internal disk drive ?

	The only Non-Mac disks you can read with the Mac internal
drive is 3.5" ProDOS disks from the Apple II Unidisks.  PS/2's are a
different density or something.  Apple provides Mac <-> MS-DOS transfers
using the PCDrive, a 5.25" drive that Apple makes which connects to the Mac
and reads Messy-DOS disks.
	I'm sure some smart young Egr. will figure a way to get the
Mac drive to read the PS/2's.  The format can't be THAT far off.
					- Andrew

>thanks

	Sure.

--
Andrew C. Esh        DOMAIN: andrew@ems.MN.ORG     APPLELINK: D0492
EMS/McGraw-Hill      UUCP: ihnp4!meccts!ems!andrew      AT&T: (612) 829-8200