[comp.sys.mac] Finder Startup files?? What are they?

buzz@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Mahboud Zabetian) (11/24/87)

Anyone know what the two files, Finder StartUp and Finder StartUp B6 are for?

Thanks.
--
Mahboud Zabetian				buzz@phoenix.princeton.edu
183 Little Hall 					(609) 520-1270

dlw@hpsmtc1.HP.COM (David Williams) (11/25/87)

THey are used by the system to determine if you want to start the system with
the Finder or MultiFinder and if so which documents/applications you would like
started or loaded when Multifinder is active. So it is a sort of Finder
preferences file. You modify it when you select Set Startup from the Special
Menu on the Desktop.

kateley@apple.UUCP (Jim Kateley) (11/26/87)

In article <1212@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> buzz@phoenix (Mahboud Zabetian) writes:

>Anyone know what the two files, Finder StartUp and Finder StartUp B6 are for?
>--

They are used to store what applications and DA's you want MF to open
when it starts up.  The 'Finder Startup B6' is for the B6 version of
MF so you can toss that one.

>Mahboud Zabetian				buzz@phoenix.princeton.edu

--

Jim Kateley
Applelink: kateley1
UUCP: {sun, voder, nsc, mtxinu, dual}!apple!kateley
CSNET: kateley@apple.COM

Disclaimer:   What I say, think, or smell does not reflect any policy or
	      stray thought by Apple Computer, Inc.

Remember:
When you smile :-), the world smiles with you,
When you frown :-(, the : and - keys think they are getting picked on

andrew@ems.Ems.MN.ORG (Andrew C.Esh) (11/28/87)

In article <1212@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> buzz@phoenix (Mahboud Zabetian) writes:

>Anyone know what the two files, Finder StartUp and Finder StartUp B6 are for?
>
>Thanks.
>--
	The Finder Startup B6 file appears with System Update 5.0b6,
but I haven't seen it since I upgraded to 5.0.  Finder Startup is created
whenever you do a Set Startup from the Special menu.  I assume it contains
a record of which applications you want loaded when you start up the Mac,
and whether you want the Finder, or Multi-Finder started.

					- Andrew
--
Andrew C. Esh        DOMAIN: andrew@ems.MN.ORG     APPLELINK: D0492
EMS/McGraw-Hill      UUCP: ihnp4!meccts!ems!andrew      AT&T: (612) 829-8200