[comp.sys.mac] How to start a Holy War

jkg@pyr.gatech.EDU (Jim Greenlee) (11/19/87)

In article <2175@tekig5.TEK.COM> danm@tekig5.TEK.COM (Daniel Milliron) writes:
>I have had experience programming early Intel processors, but am not real
>familiar with the 80x86 or 680x0.  Everything I have heard says "Motorola is
>better" but no one ever says why.  Could someone who knows why (or why not)
>please email me an explanation?

I hope that anyone who is tempted to post some unnecessary inflammatory
reponse to this will honor Mr. Milliron's request that the answers be sent
via E-MAIL. Otherwise, I am afraid that I will finally be forced to figure
out how to use KILL files :-). Here's hoping that we can allow this thing
to die a quick and painless death.

						Jim Greenlee
--
The Shadow...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!pyr!jkg

Jryy, abj lbh'ir tbar naq qbar vg! Whfg unq gb xrrc svqqyvat jvgu vg hagvy lbh
oebxr vg, qvqa'g lbh?!

atchison@hpindda.HP.COM (Lee Atchison) (11/25/87)

If memory serves me correctly, the first Sun was made in 1981 or 1982.
Definitely not as early as the IBM PC (1978? 1979?, something like that).

			-lee
--------
Lee Atchison
Hewlett Packard, Information Networks Division
atchison%hpindda@hplabs.hp.com

cute@sphinx.UUCP (11/29/87)

In article <6500003@hpindda.HP.COM> atchison@hpindda.HP.COM (Lee Atchison) writes:
>If memory serves me correctly, the first Sun was made in 1981 or 1982.
>Definitely not as early as the IBM PC (1978? 1979?, something like that).

The IBM PC was introduced in the fall of 1981.
The Apple ][+ was introduced in 1978.
(Only 10 years!!!)

--
...ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!cute           --John Cavallino

	The train is the same, only the time is changed.
	Ecce homo, ergo elk.