[comp.sys.mac] MacWrite to Word Conversion Problems

peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) (11/27/87)

We are having difficulty reading MacWrite documents with MS Word.
The MacWrite documents were created with MacLink Plus copied from
a PC as WordStar files. MacWrite can read the files without problems,
but Word says it encounters problems (unspecified) and that it will
ignore part of the file (which it does). We can find no consistent
behaviour with what it is ignoring, and we have been able to read
other MacWrite documents without difficulty--we've only experienced
problems with these MacLink Plus created files. Does anyone have
any suggestions as to what might be the problem? Thanks.

Peter Steele Acadia Univ. Wolfville NS Canada B0P1X0 (902)542-2201x121
UUCP:{uunet|watmath|utai|garfield}dalcs!aucs!Peter BITNET:Peter@Acadia

hunt@cg-atla.UUCP (Walter Hunt X7031) (11/30/87)

In article <596@aucs.UUCP> peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) writes:
>We are having difficulty reading MacWrite documents with MS Word.
>The MacWrite documents were created with MacLink Plus copied from
>a PC as WordStar files. MacWrite can read the files without problems,
>but Word says it encounters problems (unspecified) and that it will
>ignore part of the file (which it does). We can find no consistent
>behaviour with what it is ignoring, and we have been able to read
>other MacWrite documents without difficulty--we've only experienced
>problems with these MacLink Plus created files. Does anyone have
>any suggestions as to what might be the problem? Thanks.

	I've had similar problems with MacLink, bringing in ASCII
files created on an IBM PC and brought over to the Mac.  I spoke
with DataViz technical support, and with a salesclone at MacWorld,
and they both told me that I'd have to show them hardcopy of a
mangled file before they'd bother with my problem.  Of course, I
could always upgrade to MacLink+ for some amount of money ($45, I
believe).  Maybe I shouldn't bother, since the problem seems to have
persisted...

Walter Hunt