[comp.sys.mac] Help with key1trans

nakata@Lindy.STANFORD.EDU (Lance Nakata) (12/02/87)

We're writing a German language drill in Hypercard.  For the duration
of the drill, we'd like the keyboard to behave like a German keyboard.
Supposedly, we can do this using the trap key1trans (29E).
Unfortunately, we can't find any documentation on key1trans.  Has
anyone ever used it?  Does anyone know how it's used, or where it may
have been discussed (MacTutor, Tech Notes)?  Any and all help
would be appreciated.

Thanks..... replies to me here or to nakata@jessica.stanford.edu.

Lance Nakata

stew@endor.harvard.edu (Stew Rubenstein) (12/03/87)

In article <433@Lindy.STANFORD.EDU> nakata@Lindy.ARPA (Lance Nakata) writes:

>We're writing a German language drill in Hypercard.  For the duration
>of the drill, we'd like the keyboard to behave like a German keyboard.
>Supposedly, we can do this using the trap key1trans (29E).
>Unfortunately, we can't find any documentation on key1trans.

key1trans is obsolete and unsupported.  The modern way to do this is
described in TechNote #160, Key Mapping.

Stew Rubenstein
Cambridge Scientific Computing, Inc.
UUCPnet:    seismo!harvard!rubenstein            CompuServe: 76525,421
Internet:   rubenstein@harvard.harvard.edu       MCIMail:    CSC