[comp.sys.mac] support for older machines & Re

dorner@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu (12/03/87)

kurtzman@pollux.usc.edu writes:

>Earlier in this conversation thread another Apple employee displayed a
>condescending attitude toward people who expressed disapproval of the
>increased memory requirements for the new set of standard software. If I take
>your comments and those of the other Apple employee as exemplary of Apple's
>attitude (and I do since you both posted as Apple employees)
NO NO NO NO!  As these guys have stated over and over again, in their
messages and their disclaimers, they are in NO WAY representatives of
Apple Computer.  They are netters just like the rest of us, only they
are sometimes better informed because they happen to work for apple.  If
we perceive them to be apple reps, it won't be long before apple DOES
prohibit them from using the net (as you suggest later).  We would ALL
lose if that happens.  Please don't even suggest that they represent apple
in any way.

>The tenor of your reply is totally inappropriate in this forum and for your
>position as a representative of Apple.
Again, they do NOT represent apple.

>And I would probably prohibit you from posting to the net from the Apple
>machine.

This would be sad.  Unfortunately, if too many people consider apple
netters as apple representatives, this could happen.

Lighten up.
----
Internet: dorner@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu  UUCP: ihnp4!uiucuxc!dorner
IfUMust:  (217) 333-3339