[comp.sys.mac] Daid Keyboard: What to Do?

cl1x+@andrew.cmu.edu (C. Kenny Lin) (12/06/87)

Well, I guess the time has finally come.  The keyboard from my old old Mac
(those without keypads) is finally dying all over the place i.e. this month,
this key, that month, that key, etc.  I am considering purchasing a
third-party keyboard and, as a last resort, a MacPlus keyboard.  I saw a
101-key keyboard in the recent Icon Review catalog which looks like the Apple
Extended keyboard and comes with software for customized macros.  What I'm
wondering is that if it will emulate the Apple Extended keyboard verbatim (It
becomes sooo helpful in MS-Word 3.01).  All responses and suggested
alternatives welcomed and appreciated.

---Ken

ARPA:  cl1x@andrew.cmu.edu

Disclaimer:  I neither claim or disclaim anything.

suhler@im4u.UUCP (Paul A. Suhler) (12/06/87)

In article <oVi9UMy00XcSteE05r@andrew.cmu.edu> cl1x+@andrew.cmu.edu (C. Kenny Lin) writes:
>Well, I guess the time has finally come.  The keyboard from my old old Mac
>(those without keypads) is finally dying all over the place i.e. this month,
>this key, that month, that key, etc.  I am considering purchasing a

I've twice in the last year had a key stop working.  Squirting
tuner cleaner at the top of the switch body (where the movable
post that supports the key cap comes out) has worked each time.
--
Paul Suhler        suhler@im4u.UTEXAS.EDU	512-474-9517/471-3903