[comp.sys.mac] External hard disc boxes anyone?

kwallich@hpsmtc1.UUCP (12/05/87)

I just got my CDC Wren III 160 Meg drive :-) :-) :-) for my MacII.  Problem
is, it's a full hight drive, and the MacII can only handle half hight drives
internally.  I need a power supply (preferably 75W), and case that has the
anphenol 50pin connector cutouts on it.  I tried getting in touch with
the folks mentioned a few months back in the MacTutor article, but they
didn't answer the phone, and I would really like to talk, not
USnailMail them.  Anyone out there know someplace (preferably the
bay area, but anywhere in the continental US will do) that would carry
such a unit?  I've tried my local outlets, but they don't have the
correct cutouts that apple decided were to be the "standard" (i.e. the
50pin anpheonols) in them.  You can reply by email, and all that stuff...

Thanks...

--------------------
Ken Wallich			*My views are mine, and mine alone*
Consultant			"Camelot! Camelot! -- It's only a model"
DCI 				kwallich@hpsmtc1.HP.COM
@Hewlett Packard		...hplabs!hpsmtc1!kwallich

dwb@apple.UUCP (12/08/87)

In article <11540065@hpsmtc1.HP.COM> kwallich@hpsmtc1.HP.COM (Ken Wallich) writes:

>I just got my CDC Wren III 160 Meg drive :-) :-) :-) for my MacII.  Problem
>is, it's a full hight drive, and the MacII can only handle half hight drives
>internally.  I need a power supply (preferably 75W), and case that has the
	I've found that PC cabinets (real cheap, including power
supply :-) make great disk drive expansion cabinets.  You can easily
get two full height or 4 half height drives in them, including controller
cards, etc.  I just hang the cable (hand made from press-on connectors)
out the back.
--
	David W. Berry
	dwb@well.uucp                   dwb@Delphi