[comp.sys.mac] LSC/stdio Questions

singer@endor.harvard.edu (THINK Technologies) (12/09/87)

In article <127200012@inmet> lipsett@inmet.UUCP writes:

>Three LSC questions, related to the stdio interface:
>
>1.  Is there a way to avoid getting the "console" window?  I have
>tried the appropriate settings in the Click_On and the Stdio_MacInit
>calls, to no avail.  I am actually not writing output to std output,
>but rather to a file (window) opened with fopenw.

	Anything your do with stdio will bring up the console window.

>2.  One can obviously draw a scroll bar in an stdio window.  Can one
>get in the way of StdEvent and process clicks in the scroll bar one's
>self, or will LSC runtimes get confused?

	You could conceivably modifiy StdEvent to handle a scrollbar, but
what would you scroll? Unfortunately, stdio doesn't preserve text.

>3.  Has anyone else noticed a bug in which overlapping stdio windows
>do not always get their grow boxes redrawn on update events?

	This is true; it's being looked into.

			-Rich

**The opinions stated herein are my own opinions and do not necessarily
represent the policies or opinions of my employer (THINK Technologies).

* Richard M. Siegel | {decvax, ucbvax, sun}!harvard!endor!singer    *
* Customer Support  | singer@endor.harvard.edu			    *
* Symantec, THINK Technologies Division.  (No snappy quote)         *