[comp.sys.mac] Clip Art recommendations

chuq@plaid.Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (11/11/87)

here's something I haven't seen discussed recently. I'm looking for
recommendations on clip-art packages. I'm only interested in laserwriter
quality material. I'm specifically looking for the following kinds of
clip art:

	o art that has to do with books, publishing, and related things

	o art with a Science Fictional, Fantasy, or Horror theme

	o birds and feathered animals, especially parrots.

suggestions on packages? This is an area most magazines don't cover well.

chuq
---
Chuq "Fixed in 4.0" Von Rospach			chuq@sun.COM	Delphi: CHUQ

waltervj@dartvax.UUCP (walter jeffries) (12/10/87)

In article <33633@sun.uucp> chuq@plaid.Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
>here's something I haven't seen discussed recently. I'm looking for
>recommendations on clip-art packages. I'm only interested in laserwriter
>quality material.

  Not to toot my own horn... but, I am about to release a postscript (EPSF
created in Illustrator) clipart series.  I've been using Illustrator extensively
since January '87 and have done artwork for several books and other publications
this past year.  The company is CreatorPrints and the series will be released
in January '88 starting with three sets:  (These may not be the final names)
  Buildings and Cities - Pictures of famous buildings, skylines, and other stuff
  Backdrops - Suns, moons, horizons, stars, clouds, grids, etc.
  Miscellanious - A large variety of images including maps, a compass, gears,
                  animals, faces, comics, and other neat stuff.

  If you have any suggestions for images for future sets drop me a line and I'll
see what I can do.  I also am one of the artists for the Postscript Clipart
that is due out from T/Maker any time now.  They have some excellent stuff too.

  One further note is that I have heard rumors that a major standard clipart
distributor is going to scan all of its stuff and release it on a CD-ROM.

  -Walter Vose Jeffries.