[comp.sys.mac] Is Red Ryder still Shareware?

g099508030ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu (0040;0000002773;0;190;142;) (12/03/87)

Is Red Ryder still shareware?  If so, I would like to have the latest
copy. If someone could send it (with documentation) to me on a disk
I would gladly return the disk and the price of the postage. Another
alternative would be to E-mail me Scott Watson's current FreeSoft
phone number - apparently he is no longer in Lacklink, Mo.
My US Mail address is:
			Jim Deline
			P.O. Box 797
			Davis, CA  95616
Thanks,
Jim

dlw@hpsmtc1.HP.COM (David Williams) (12/09/87)

>Is Red Ryder still shareware?

Nope! It has gone commercial and is currently at 10.0, no 10.1, no no 10.2,
no wait its 10.3!! Scotty to capn: She won't take much more o' this!

Check last months issue of MacUser -- they loved it and should have the
latest address.

Of course for all of this revision warping that Watson does you just might
wait for Smartcom II 3.0 (it downloads in background under multifinder!). Of
course this might start a whole flame for/against SW/RR which was not the
point!

drc@dbase.UUCP (Dennis Cohen) (12/10/87)

Why wait, Red Ryder 10.3 already does background transfers.  I use them
regularly now and would hate to give them up.

Dennis Cohen
Ashton-Tate Glendale Development Center
dBASE Mac Development Team
--------------------------
Disclaimer:  Any opinions expressed above are MINE!

raylau@dasys1.UUCP (Raymond Lau) (12/12/87)

In article <279@dbase.UUCP>, drc@dbase.UUCP (Dennis Cohen) writes:

> Why wait, Red Ryder 10.3 already does background transfers.  I use them
> regularly now and would hate to give them up.

If only RR will allow one to INITIATE PROCEDUREs or SEND FILEs under MF now..
All it does is beep like crazy.

--
Raymond Lau                       GEnie: RayLau
100-04 70 Ave.                    CIS: 76174,2617