[comp.sys.mac] MacII Hard Disk partitions

keithw@amcc.UUCP (da staff) (12/14/87)

    I recently aquired a MacII with a 40Meg hard disk.  I went to partition
it up but discovered that there are no native commands for partitioning
an Mac hard disk under HFS.

    So my question is, how can I get a 3rd party program to partition my
disk.  I refuse to belive that no such beast exists.  Of course I find it
hard to belive that Apple does not supply one (8^().

    Keith Wilke
    Applied Micro Circuits Corp.
    6195 Lusk Blvd.
    (619) 450-9333 x 5581
    San Diego, Ca 92121

    UUCP: sdcsvax!nosc!amcc!keithw

" My company does not even know what Usenet is, and so is not
  responsible for what I say on it."

stew@endor.harvard.edu (Stew Rubenstein) (12/14/87)

In article <422@amcc.UUCP> keithw@amcc.UUCP (da staff) writes:

>    I recently aquired a MacII with a 40Meg hard disk.  I went to partition
>it up but discovered that there are no native commands for partitioning
>an Mac hard disk under HFS.

Hard Disk Partition, by FWB Software.  $39 from MacConnection, I believe.
I don't have it, but I know people who do and use it every day on a Mac II.
Seems to work great.

Stew Rubenstein
Cambridge Scientific Computing, Inc.
UUCPnet:    seismo!harvard!rubenstein            CompuServe: 76525,421
Internet:   rubenstein@harvard.harvard.edu       MCIMail:    CSC