[comp.sys.mac] Mac II Programmers Switch

jasst3@cisunx.UUCP (Jeffrey A. Sullivan) (12/11/87)

Does someone know where and how to install the programmers switch on the Mac
II?  It was not listed in the index of the Mac II owners manual.

chow@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Christopher Chow) (12/13/87)

In article <5910@cisunx.UUCP> jasst3@cisunx.UUCP (Jeffrey A. Sullivan) writes:
>Does someone know where and how to install the programmers switch on the Mac
>II?  It was not listed in the index of the Mac II owners manual.

The Mac II programmer's switch is installed on the right side of the machine,
i.e., the opposite side of where it would be if it were a Mac Plus.  Note
also, that you have to install it upside down!

Anyone know why the switch isn't even mentioned in the manual?  When I first
got my II I spent about an hour trying to stick in the programmer's switch
on the wrong side of the machine.  Luckily, I didn't force it when it
refused to go in.

Christopher Chow
/---------------------------------------------------------------------------\
| Internet:  chow@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (128.84.248.35 or 128.84.253.35)   |
| Usenet:    ...{uw-beaver|ihnp4|decvax|vax135}!cornell!batcomputer!chow    |
| Bitnet:    chow@crnlthry.bitnet                                           |
| Phone:     1-607-253-6699,  USPS: 7122 N. Campus 7, Ithaca, NY 14853      |
| Delphi:    chow2            PAN:  chow                                    |

emuroga@uiucdcsb.cs.uiuc.edu (12/16/87)

    I took a flashlight and looked through the slots on the sides for the two
little black buttons. They are on the right side, and the switch plate should
line up with the back of the horizontal air slots.

Eisuke Muroga
University of Illinois
ARPA		emuroga@b.cs.uiuc.edu
CSNET		emuroga@uiuc.csnet