[comp.sys.mac] IsDialogEvent and dialog fonts

schmidt@lsrhs.UUCP (Chris Schmidt) (12/16/87)

Maybe others have sung this song of woe before, but I've not heard it.

Here's the problem:  I'm developing away here and I need to use more
than one font in the editable text fields in my modeless dialog box.
Now I sure like using IsDialogEvent and DialogSelect and all that (meaning,
I *don't* want to do it all myself -- drawing a window, placing controls,
checking for mousedowns and keydowns etc.) but I can't change my fonts
on the fly.  I NEED one field to be in a different font than the other
editable and static thingies.  And please don't tell me about SetDAFont
because I don't want to change everything ;>

Is this *truly* an example of apple working so hard for me that I have to
start from scratch in order to get around them?  Hasn't *somebody* come up
with a neat hack to solve this problem.

Double sigh . . .

Chris Schmidt/Lincoln-Sudbury High School/390 Lincoln Rd/Sudbury/Ma/01776
	(617) 926-3242 ----->   mit-caf!lsrhs!schmidt@eddie.mit.edu

han@apple.UUCP (Byron Han) (12/18/87)

In article <691@lsrhs.UUCP> schmidt@lsrhs.UUCP (Chris Schmidt) writes:
>Maybe others have sung this song of woe before, but I've not heard it.
>
>Here's the problem:  I'm developing away here and I need to use more
>than one font in the editable text fields in my modeless dialog box.
>
>Is this *truly* an example of apple working so hard for me that I have to
>start from scratch in order to get around them?  Hasn't *somebody* come up
>with a neat hack to solve this problem.
>
> Double sigh . . .

Well, try using a UserItem and a modal dialog filter proc to handle events.
You will need to manually handle tabbing between the fields.

Hope this helps somewhat.

--
Byron Han, Communications Tool                              Apple Computer, Inc.
CSNet: han@apple.COM     UUCP: {sun,voder,nsc,decwrl}!apple!han     408-973-6450