[comp.sys.mac] StuffIt1.20 documentation

walter@vub.UUCP (Walter Sonck) (12/14/87)

There is a CRC($7675) error when binhexing "StuffIt1.20 documentation". Can somebody mail me a correct version of that file.
Thanks.

Walter Sonck, Toxicology , Free University Brussels

jad@beta.UUCP (John De Vries) (12/16/87)

In article <508@vub.UUCP> walter@vub.UUCP (Walter Sonck) writes:
>There is a CRC($7675) error when binhexing "StuffIt1.20 documentation". Can somebody mail me a correct version of that file.
>Thanks.
>Walter Sonck, Toxicology , Free University Brussels

The same error occurs on the copy that arrived here.  I rarely get
such errors, so I'm dubious about the original.  Has anyone been able
to convert it properly?

If it is not to be reposted, I would appreciate a corrected copy as
well.

Thanks in advance!

John deVries
jad@lanl.gov.ARPA or ihnp4!lanl!jad

--
"I've got two tricks.
 This is one of them.

viking@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (12/18/87)

Same here!  I have the same CRC error and we also rarely get errors.
Could the documentation please be re-posted?  I'll use Ver 1.10 of the
docs in the meantime... :-)

mccarthy@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (12/19/87)

Yeah, for some bizarre reason (I found this when I was deleting the header/
footer stuff from the file) there's a
 - GASP -
*space* character in the BinHex'd documentation!

So it's probably everyone who's having trouble with it.
D. J. McCarthy
  {ihnp4, seismo, cmcl2, pur-ee} !uiucdcs!uiucuxe!mccarthy
  mccarthy%uiucuxe@a.cs.uiuc.edu
"Advertisements are the most accurate part of a newspaper." -T. Jefferson