[comp.sys.mac] ResEdit without paying an arm and a leg

P.PRIAPUS@MACBETH.STANFORD.EDU (Bill Lipa) (12/22/87)

A while back there was a discussion about obtaining ResEdit. I never read
any postings that described how to get the latest version without buying MPW,
though, which is what I need since I have LSP and don't want to spend more
$$ on something redundant (for me, anyway). APDA sells some disk with
development tools on it; however, at least in the catalog, the ResEdit version
listed is an old one. Is this just a mistake in the catalog or does the
disk really have an old ResEdit on it? If so, why don't they simply drag the
little icon from the MPW disk onto the development tools disk? Anyway, I'd
like to hear of some way to get this program without having to purchase
MPW along with it.

Bill Lipa

Bitnet: p.priapus%macbeth@forsythe.stanford.edu
-------

peirce@lll-crg.llnl.gov (Michael Peirce) (12/23/87)

Speaking of ResEdit.  Is there a new version that can do DLOG editing
under MultiFinder with blasting the screen?  The version I have (can't
remember the release #, but I believe it is the most up-to-date)
does support the Juggler SIZE resource, but just can't handle D
LOG's and MultiFinder.

-- michael

cm450s02@uhccux.UUCP (Jeff T. Segawa) (12/23/87)

In article <12360346454.301.P.PRIAPUS@MACBETH.STANFORD.EDU> P.PRIAPUS@MACBETH.STANFORD.EDU (Bill Lipa) writes:
>I'd
>like to hear of some way to get this program without having to purchase
>MPW along with it.

ResEdit can be found on CompuServe and GEnie, free of charge save for the
regular online fees. Don't know what version is posted there now, but most
stuff seems to be fairly up to date. Newest version that I'm aware of is
1.1B3.