Date: Sun 27 Dec 87 11:58:02-GMT
>From: Jeff Shulman <SHULMAN@SDR>
Subject: Delphi Mac Digest V3 #55
To: Delphi-List: ;

Delphi Mac Digest     Sunday, December 27, 1987      Volume 3 : Issue 55

Today's Topics:
     [ Other stuff deleted ]
     Re: Weirdness with DA menu!
     Re: Pyro/Switcher 5.1 bomb
     Re: Re: Init Manager, please

Subject: Re: Weirdness with DA menu!
Date: 25-DEC 16:21 Network Digests

>To: PUGH@NMFECC.ARPA
>Subject: Weirdness with DA menu!

When Suitcase is used on a Mac II with MultiFinder, sometimes a DA name
in the apple menu, or maybe even the entire menu, becomes dimmed
(disabled).  This is fixed by the following Fedit patch to the Suitcase
file, or ResEdit patch to the INIT 128 resource in Suitcase:

 search for: 225F 205F 2050
 change to:  6000 008C 2050

------------------------------

Subject: Re: Pyro/Switcher 5.1 bomb
Date: 27-DEC 02:58 MUGS Online

To: osmigo@ut-ngp.UUCP (Ron Morgan) Subject: Re: Pyro/Switcher 5.1 bomb

> if the INIT "Pyro" is in the System Folder, Switcher 5.1 will bomb

I assume the bombs you describe happen when you switch.  If so, the
following hexadecimal patches to Pyro! will fix it for compatibility
with Switcher. These patches are applied with a program such as Fedit
Plus or similar utility, or with a recent version of ResEdit operating
on the INIT 128 resource within Pyro!.

 search for: 60 04 50 79 72 6F
 change to:  4E 71 61 00 08 78

 search for: 00 00 48 E7 1F 38
 change to:  FF F0 48 E7 1F 38

 search for: 9E FC 00 10
 change to:  4E 71 4E 71

 search for: 6F 00 04 A9 71 4A 1F DE FC 00 10
 change to:  6E FF F0 4E B9 00 00 00 00 4A 1F

 search for: B0 6A 00 04 62 04 70 01 60 02 70 00
 change to:  30 3C A9 71 A7 46 43 FA F9 FE 22 88

------------------------------

Subject: Re: Re: Init Manager, please
Date: 27-DEC 02:58 MUGS Online

To: moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) Subject: Re: Re: Init Manager,
please

> [The Aask INIT is] from those wonderful people over at CE software, and
> I'll post it to comp.mac.binaries first chance I get.

This is beta test software that was (directly or indirectly) illicitly
posted to the BBS from which you obtained it; it is NOT public domain
and is not intended to be publically distributed.

This is what I, as a beta tester, was told by CE Software.

End of Delphi Mac Digest
-------

Jerry Whitnell				Lizzi Borden took an axe
Communication Solutions, Inc.		And plunged it deep into the VAX;
					Don't you envy people who
					Do all the things You want to do?