[comp.sys.mac] Printshop

ajm@k.cc.purdue.edu (Dan Farmer) (12/29/87)

As an IBM-type person myself (please, don't hold it against me, that's all I
can afford :-)), I ran into a problem I hope someone out there can help me
with.  My mother bought Printshop for her Mac-SE, and I/she was unable to
figure out how, if it was possible at all, to install it on the hard disk
without having to resort to using to use the stupid key/master disk to in the
3 1/2 inch drive slot.  If it is protected so that this is impossible, or if
someone knows of a better program than this (one that prints up all kinds of
cute borders, makes poster-grams, ect), would you please e-mail me some
information?  Oh yeah, she uses a Laserwriter for a printer, if it matters.
Basically, I think she just wants to have as much fun with her Mac as possible.
Lots of frills, but not too technical, if possible.
   Sorry if this has been gone over before, but I usually just skim the news
in this group -- sheesh, you guys write a lot!  I can't keep up with this and
the PC news group!   If you try to get in touch and can't reach me, I will
keep an eye on this group for responses, also.  Of course, if there is an
overwhelming respone, I will post an (articulate) summary...

thanks,

--

dan farmer
(ajm@k.cc.purdue.edu)

czei@cbdkc1.ATT.COM (Michael Czeiszperger) (12/30/87)

In article <2310@k.cc.purdue.edu> ajm@k.cc.purdue.edu (Dan Farmer) writes:

>As an IBM-type person myself (please, don't hold it against me, that's all I
>can afford :-))

As a mac owner, I don't really know alot about IBM's, (although I do have
to use IBM's at work because of all the engineering software).  There
seems to be this legend that IBM PC's cost a whole lot less that
comparable macintosh systems, but I've been having a hard time seeing
this justified.  Sure, the plain PC is real cheap (~$700), but it's
supposed to only by an 8 bit machine.  Isn't the AT more comprable
to an SE?  The prices on AT clones seem to be ~$2000, and if you
add in Microsoft windows and a mouse it goes up to ~$2300.  For that
price you could get a Mac Plus and a hard disk, or an SE and some
software.  I really don't see how the AT is a bargain....  Any
comments?  (I purposely didn't post to the ibm.pc board to avoid
pointless arguing)

Michael S. Czeiszperger     | "HELP!  I'm stuck in 3B HELL !!!"
Contracted to AT&T          | Phone: (614) 860-4952  (formerly with Ohio
Unix Systems Administration | UUCP: cbosgd!dkc1!czei  State University)
6200 E. Broad Street        | Disclaimer: "The above opinions are those of
Columbus, OH   RM 1L334     |              a large rodent with sharp teeth"