[comp.sys.mac] File transfer over Appletalk -- where is it?

bc@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (bill coderre) (12/30/87)

So is there any product or pd thingee that does file exchange over
Appletalk, so that one mac can send files to another?

Mail me if you've heard of anything.............................bc

dlw@hpsmtc1.HP.COM (David Williams) (12/31/87)

Well there is a little product called Tops that fits that bill rather nicely.
It is put out by the Tops division of Sun Microsystems. It is of course not
in the public domain. Check your local mac sw store!

David L. Williams
dlw@hpda
Hewlett Packard, Cupertino Ca
Software Development Technology Laboratory
Distributed Computing Environment Project
Mailstop: 47LR
"Sinanju, buddy -- the real stuff"

johnm@mist.cs.orst.edu (John Matzka) (01/02/88)

In article <11540097@hpsmtc1.HP.COM> dlw@hpsmtc1.HP.COM (David Williams) writes:
>Well there is a little product called Tops that fits that bill rather nicely.
>It is put out by the Tops division of Sun Microsystems. It is of course not
>in the public domain. Check your local mac sw store!

While it is true that Tops fills the bill it is noteworthy to point out that
it [Tops] causes problems with Appleshare and caps (Unix software for inter-
action with macintosh computers).