[comp.sys.mac] Sounds on ngp.utexas.edu

hallett@hamlet.steinmetz (Jeff A. Hallett) (01/04/88)

Hi there!

I'd have mailed this directly to Dan Carr, but our BITNET connection
doesn't seem to be holding up well.

I've been trying to get the SoundCap files he put onto ngp.utexas, but
the connection doesn't seem to be holding up well there either.  It
keeps getting interrupted.

If Dan sees this, could he either move it back to Sumex-Aim or break
it up into 4 or 5 pieces?  Smaller files seem to move better for me.

Otherwise, could some good soul mail the file to me if they have
already successfully downloaded it?  We really have been waiting a
long time to get the SoundCap files that CheapBeep needs.

Thanks Much!!

Jeffrey A. Hallett               (ARPANET:  hallett@ge-crd.arpa
Software Technology Program       UUCP:     desdemona!hallett@steinmetz.uucp)
General Electric Corporate Research and Development
"The needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many"    -- Kirk  (STIII)

kraut@ut-emx.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (01/06/88)

In article <8345@steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP>, hallett@hamlet.steinmetz (Jeff A. Hallett) writes:

> I've been trying to get the SoundCap files he put onto ngp.utexas, but
> the connection doesn't seem to be holding up well there either.  It
> keeps getting interrupted.

	NGP has been mothballed and removed from the net.  This machine (EMX)
	is the replacement.  unfortunately, the FTP-directories did not
	survive ...  I don't know about the files Jeff is looking for, but
	SIMTEL20 is a good place to go looking for files which used to be
	available on NGP ...
--
werner@rascal.ics.utexas.edu		(prefered address)
kraut@emx.cc.utexas.edu