[comp.sys.mac] Mac-Apollo connection

mcdougal@gargoyle.UChicago.EDU (Thomas F. McDougal) (01/06/88)

Does anyone have experience connecting a Mac to an Apollo via a
serial line?  After several months of waiting we finally received
Mac-Apollo connection software from Apollo, pre-release stuff
that was apparently developed at the University of Michigan.

The software looks promising, but the documentation is sparse
and we are having all sorts of problems with it.  If someone
out there has experience with this stuff and would be willing
to help me via email, I would be grateful.

--
                           --Tom McDougal
ARPA: mcdougal@gargoyle.UChicago.edu

kraut@ut-emx.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (01/07/88)

In article <841@gargoyle.UChicago.EDU>, mcdougal@gargoyle.UChicago.EDU (Thomas F. McDougal) writes:
> Does anyone have experience connecting a Mac to an Apollo via a
> serial line?  After several months of waiting we finally received
> Mac-Apollo connection software from Apollo, pre-release stuff

I simply used a phone-wire and the respective connectors for the serial
ports and run the Apollo from the Mac as if it were a terminal, capturing
the stream input/output in a file.  Kind of primitive, but I could not locate
that Kermit I had heard about for the Apollo...

I would be interested to see follow-ups rather than discussing this topic
in Email ...

--
werner@rascal.ics.utexas.edu		(prefered address)
kraut@emx.cc.utexas.edu