[comp.sys.mac] Raytracing

fiddler%concertina@Sun.COM (Steve Hix) (12/23/87)

Are there any PD raytracing programs out there in
the known universe for the mac?

Even a pointer to something printed on how to write
one would be nice.

	thanks

	seh

jwhitnel@csi.UUCP (Jerry Whitnell) (12/29/87)

In article <37221@sun.uucp> fiddler%concertina@Sun.COM (Steve Hix) writes:
>Are there any PD raytracing programs out there in
>the known universe for the mac?

There is a shareware one that is posted to Compuserve.  Includes source
and object, run time is about 8 hours.

>Even a pointer to something printed on how to write
>one would be nice.

I havn't seen any tutorial articles out there.  If you know of one, let
me know.

>	seh

Jerry Whitnell				Lizzi Borden took an axe
Communication Solutions, Inc.		And plunged it deep into the VAX;
					Don't you envy people who
					Do all the things You want to do?

chris@umbc3.UMD.EDU (Chris Schanzle) (12/30/87)

In article <1340@csib.csi.UUCP> jwhitnel@csib.UUCP (Jerry Whitnell) writes:
>There is a shareware one that is posted to Compuserve.  Includes source
>and object, run time is about 8 hours.

Does anyone know more info about the program that Jerry is referring
to?  I don't know about you guys, but I'd love the chance to show off
the Mac graphics (again!).  If anyone has downloaded this program, I'd
be on cloud nine and eternally grateful to the kind soul who could
mail me a copy.

ps - I can't do compuserve - I'm a poor (but professional!) college student.
pps- Our mailer doesn't "do" uucp addresses, otherwise I would've mailed
     directly to JW.

_________________
ARPA: chris@umbc3.UMD.EDU      "An optimist believes that we live in the
BITNET: chris@umbc             best of all possible worlds.  A pessimist
                               fears this is true."
--
ARPA   : chris@umbc3.UMD.EDU		BITNET : chris@umbc

"He was betrayed by the limits of his own potential."

jwhitnel@csi.UUCP (Jerry Whitnell) (01/07/88)

In article <659@umbc3.UMD.EDU> chris@umbc3.UMD.EDU (Chris Schanzle) writes:
>In article <1340@csib.csi.UUCP> jwhitnel@csib.UUCP (Jerry Whitnell) writes:
>>There is a shareware one that is posted to Compuserve.  Includes source
>>and object, run time is about 8 hours.
>>

>Does anyone know more info about the program that Jerry is referring
>to?  I don't know about you guys, but I'd love the chance to show off
>the Mac graphics (again!).  If anyone has downloaded this program, I'd
>be on cloud nine and eternally grateful to the kind soul who could
>mail me a copy.

I'll look into posting a copy to comp.mac.binaries.  The whole package
is very large (> 400K stuffed), but that includes pictures, source and
everything.  I'll split it up so as to make it smaller.  Now if some kind
soul could email (or post) instructions on getting stuff to the
comp.mac.binaries's modurator.