[comp.sys.mac] Discovery of the missing BINHEX 4.0

alex@l5comp.UUCP (Alex Stuart) (01/07/88)

I would greatly appreciate any information about how to aquire BINHEX 4.0!
I have BINHEX 5.0 but cannot seem to convert files made with 4.0.
Thanks to all, please reply via E-Mail.

Alex Stuart

hallett@hamlet.steinmetz (Jeff A. Hallett) (01/08/88)

In article <406@l5comp.UUCP> alex@l5comp.UUCP (Alex Stuart) writes:
>I would greatly appreciate any information about how to aquire BINHEX 4.0!
>I have BINHEX 5.0 but cannot seem to convert files made with 4.0.
>Thanks to all, please reply via E-Mail.

First off, BinHex 5 should be able to unBinHex anything done with
BinHex 4.  If it can't, then your file may be corrupted.

You only need BinHex 4 if you are planning to upload across 7-bit data
paths.

BTW, Last I knew, BinHex 4 lives on Sumex-Aim.

Jeffrey A. Hallett                     | ARPA: hallett@ge-crd.arpa
Software Technology Program    	       | UUCP: desdemona!hallett@steinmetz.uucp
GE Corporate Research and Development  | (518) 387-5654
|                            Credo Quia Absurdum Est                          |