[comp.sys.mac] Help! How do I write a printer driver???

ragge@nada.kth.se (Ragge Sundblad) (01/09/88)

Can any kind soul out there please tell me where to find information
about writing printer drivers? I'm interrested in writing a driver for
a Tektronix (4-color) printer.

Thanx!

dtw@F.GP.CS.CMU.EDU (Duane Williams) (01/10/88)

| Can any kind soul out there please tell me where to find information
| about writing printer drivers? I'm interrested in writing a driver for
| a Tektronix (4-color) printer.

See the following articles:

Earle Horton, "How to Write a Printer Driver," MacTutor, Vol. 3, No. 11,
November, 1987, pp. 67-76.

Earle Horton, "Printer Resource File, Part II," MacTutor, Vol. 3, No. 12,
December, 1987, pp. 45-64.

mckenzie@husc2.UUCP (mckenzie) (01/11/88)

In article <271@draken.nada.kth.se> ragge@nada.kth.se (Ragge Sundblad) writes:
>Can any kind soul out there please tell me where to find information
>about writing printer drivers? I'm interrested in writing a driver for
>a Tektronix (4-color) printer.

The November and December 1987 issues of MacTutor magazine have a good two-part
article about the arcane art of writing printer drivers.  This article, plus
the relevant bits of Inside Macintosh, should tell you everything you need to
know.  If you can't find MacTutor on the newsstand (not an easy task in many
places), you can get in touch with them at: MacTutor, P.O.Box 400, Placentia,
CA. 92670.

					David McKenzie
					mckenzie@husc2.UUCP