[comp.sys.mac] Silent beep problem

ghoti@killer.UUCP (Alan Perry) (01/09/88)

Hi,

  I have an interesting problem for all you Mac gurus...  I have the "Beep"
init installed on my system (the one that makes the Mac + sound sort of like
a Mac II beep), and it is causing a problem.  It seems that when I want to
have a bit of silence, every time I get beeped at, I have to reboot because
the screen starts flashing at me.  It flashes and won't stop.  Occasionally,
I *am* able to do the "G 40F6D8" trick, but usually, it's *Ping!* city.

Any ideas or solutions???

- Ghoti (a.k.a. Alan Perry)

Tim_M_Dierks@cup.portal.com (01/12/88)

ghoti@killer.UUCP (Alan Perry) writes:
>  I have an interesting problem for all you Mac gurus...  I have the "Beep"
>init installed on my system (the one that makes the Mac + sound sort of like
>a Mac II beep), and it is causing a problem.  It seems that when I want to
>have a bit of silence, every time I get beeped at, I have to reboot because
>the screen starts flashing at me.  It flashes and won't stop.  Occasionally,
>I *am* able to do the "G 40F6D8" trick, but usually, it's *Ping!* city.

I'd also like to know if there's a patch to fix this.  I like the
beep, this is the only annoying problem.

- Also -  (two questions for the price of one, you lucky devils!)

Can anyone tell me something about 'acur' resources?  What I specifically need to
know is what makes them work?  Is it application code or is it built into the
System?  (I want to take the Rotating Earth acur & CURS and use them in all my
applications, not just the Finder.  I'd be every bit as happy with a version of
WatchInit that does it.)

Thanks,
Tim Dierks
Tim_M_Dierks@cup.portal.com
{gateway}!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!Tim_M_Dierks
C4TKG3@IRISHMVS.BITNET

-If this is garbled, don't look at me, we're beta-testing-