[comp.sys.mac] Sound driver on the Mac ][

gleicher@duke.cs.duke.edu (Michael Gleicher) (01/12/88)

I am trying to use the sound driver, specifically the StartSound routine
could someone please:

	Tell me whether or not this works on the Mac 2 (if it doesn't
		what do I use instead)?
	Send me some sample code (preferably in LightSpeedC) that uses
		this call?

Thanks,

Mike

Michael Lee Gleicher			(-: If it looks like I'm wandering
	Duke University			(-:    around like I'm lost . . .
E-Mail: gleicher@cs.duke.edu)(or uucp	(-:
Or P.O.B. 5899 D.S., Durham, NC 27706	(-:   It's because I am!

spector@suvax1.UUCP (Mitchell Spector) (01/15/88)

In article <10916@duke.cs.duke.edu>, gleicher@duke.cs.duke.edu (Michael Gleicher) writes:

> I am trying to use the sound driver, specifically the StartSound routine
> could someone please:
>
> 	Tell me whether or not this works on the Mac 2 (if it doesn't
> 		what do I use instead)?

Yes, it works.  I've written code using the four-tone synthesizer which works
on both the Mac Plus and the Mac II.  (I haven't tried any other models.)

> 	Send me some sample code (preferably in LightSpeedC) that uses
> 		this call?

I don't have the code here.  It was written in TML Pascal; I just followed the
guidelines in Inside Macintosh.
--
Mitchell Spector                                        |"Give me a
Dept. of Computer Science & Software Eng., Seattle Univ.|     ticket to