[comp.sys.mac] Mac II Games, Beyond Dark Castle

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (01/15/88)

In article <38636@sun.uucp> chuq@sun.UUCP (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
>yeah. Real problem. Which brings up the following question: what games CAN
>be run off a hard disk under multifinder? Most fo the things I like to use
>to waste time (CQ, Rogue) wont' run under MF, so I have to reboot, which
>means I can't use them waiting for a download to finish. sigh.

The Risk adaptation (pure PD) works very well under MF.  And it's the best
PD game to come along in the last two months, too boot.

>>Anyone know when Beyond Dark Castle will be out, and if it will run on a
>>Mac2?
>
>Rumor has it that it'll show at Macworld. Rumor also has it that it's a new
>set of scenarios using the same underlying program, so I'd guess it is
>doubtful that it'll run on a Mac2. I wouldn't be terribly surprised or
>disappointed if I'm wrong.

Charlie Jackson said, back in November, that Beyond Dark Castle wouldn't run
on a Mac II (the demo he showed the dBUG group was on a Mac+).  While they
were shooting for a Mac Expo release, things were not certain as of last
week whether they were going to make it; plus, they are putting more
emphasis on their gray-shade software release and SuperPaint 2.0, both of
which will be demoed at the Expo.

Of course, by the time you read this, you should already know whether it's
out at Expo or not...

                            GARY HART:
                                Living proof that your really *can* fuck
                                your brains out.

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, hplsla, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...