[comp.sys.mac] Icons in menu: How?

buzz@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Mahboud Zabetian) (01/20/88)

I would like to have an icon in a finder menu.  I know that it can be done
using ResEdit.  The problem is that I put in the icon resource number(the icon
resides in the finder) in the menu's resource, but the icon never appears in
the menu.  Instead I get a blank spot where it should be.

Thank you.

--
Mahboud Zabetian				buzz@phoenix.princeton.edu
183 Little Hall 					(609) 520-1270

fry@huma1.HARVARD.EDU (David Fry) (01/20/88)

In article <1485@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> buzz@phoenix (Mahboud Zabetian) writes:

>I would like to have an icon in a finder menu.  I know that it can be done
>using ResEdit.  The problem is that I put in the icon resource number(the icon
>resides in the finder) in the menu's resource, but the icon never appears in
>the menu.  Instead I get a blank spot where it should be.

You should put the resource number minus 256 into the menu's
resource.  Therefore the icon must be numbered from 257 to
511.  BTW, make sure the icon is of type 'ICON' not 'ICN#'.

David Fry				fry@huma1.harvard.EDU
Department of Mathematics		fry@harvma1.bitnet
Harvard University			...!harvard!huma1!fry
Cambridge, MA  02138