[comp.sys.mac] LSC & 68881 on Mac II

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Richard Siegel) (11/21/87)

In article <2240@utah-gr.UUCP> thomas%spline.UUCP@utah-gr.UUCP (Spencer W. Thomas) writes:
>Is there some way to get LSC to use the 68881 on a Mac II?  Will this
>be available any time soon if it doesn't work now?  I have a large
>corpus of code I'd like to port, but it does floating point
>computation, and SANE is just too slow.

	You could probably hack it together yourself, but there's no
easy way to do it.

	The next release of LightspeedC will generate inline 68881 code
where appropriate.

		--Rich

**The opinions stated herein are my own opinions and do not necessarily
represent the policies or opinions of my employer (THINK Technologies, Inc).

* Richard M. Siegel | {decvax, ucbvax, sun}!harvard!endor!singer    *
* Customer Support  | singer@endor.harvard.edu			    *
* Symantec, THINK Technologies Division.  (No snappy quote)         *

thomas%spline.uucp@utah-gr.UUCP (Spencer W. Thomas) (01/21/88)

=Spencer   ({ihnp4,decvax}!utah-cs!thomas, thomas@cs.utah.edu)