[comp.sys.mac] Apple and the 68030

jwhitnel@csi.UUCP (Jerry Whitnell) (01/21/88)

Quote from January 88 issue of Mini-Micro Systems

   "For its part, Apple will not have a 68030 system in 1988, according to
   CPU engineering director Steve Sakoman."

So, don't hold your breath.

Jerry Whitnell				Lizzi Borden took an axe
Communication Solutions, Inc.		And plunged it deep into the VAX;
					Don't you envy people who
					Do all the things You want to do?

ajq@j.cc.purdue.edu (John O'Malley) (01/23/88)

In article <1374@csib.csi.UUCP> jwhitnel@csib.UUCP (Jerry Whitnell) writes:
>Quote from January 88 issue of Mini-Micro Systems
>
>   "For its part, Apple will not have a 68030 system in 1988, according to
>   CPU engineering director Steve Sakoman."
>
>So, don't hold your breath.

I read in InfoWorld some months ago that Apple was busy at work developing
an "Oh Thirty" machine that they'd call the Macintosh II Plus, or Mac II+.

Does anyone have any rumors of any kind to report along these lines?  Apple?

No doubt we'll then see a Mac IIe, Mac IIc, and Mac IIGS ...  :-)

John O'Malley      \  Personal Computing       \  Purdue University \ (317)
j.cc.purdue.edu!ajq \  Learning Resource Center \  Computing Center  \ 494-1787