[comp.sys.mac] FullWrite Professional DEMO availability?

harrow@bagels.dec.com (Jeff Harrow, NMSG LKG2-2/Y10 DTN=226-5564) (01/20/88)

According  to  the  various  reports  from  MacWorld,  Ann  Arbor
software was happily  giving  away  DEMO versions of their ALMOST
FullWrite Professional software to anyone who wanted one (rumored
to be about 10,000 copies).    This  is  supposed  to  be a fully
functional program in its current (ALMOST  ready)  state  without
the spelling checker or thesaurus, which prints DEMO on each page
of output.

For those of us who are waiting for  our orders to be filled (not
the subset who ordered directly from Ann Arbor and  have  already
received  a beta version), is it possible (and legal, of  course)
for  someone who DID get the demo version to post it to the  net?
Given that  this  is explicitly a DEMO, and was freely given away
at MacWorld, I  don't  see an issue, and it should certainly be a
good use of the net, given the high interest.

I know that I'd LOVE to see this as soon as possible, and suspect
that the same is true for the many others who are salivating from
the various reviews.

Can someone oblige?

Disclaimer:  These are,  of  course,  MY  views,  not necessarily
shared by my employeer.

Jeff Harrow

Work address:
ARPAnet:	HARROW%EXODUS.DEC@decwrl.ARPA
Usenet:		decwrl!exodus.dec.com!harrow        or
                {allegra,Shasta,decvax}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-exodus!harrow
Easynet:	EXODUS::HARROW
Telephone:	(617)264-5128
USPS:		Digital Equipment Corp.
		Mail stop: BXB1-2/E02
		85 Swanson Road
		Boxboro, MA  01719

isle@eleazar.UUCP (01/24/88)

In article <8801201413.AA06283@decwrl.dec.com> harrow@bagels.dec.com (Jeff Harrow, NMSG LKG2-2/Y10 DTN=226-5564) writes:
>For those of us who are waiting for  our orders to be filled (not
>the subset who ordered directly from Ann Arbor and  have  already
>received  a beta version), is it possible (and legal, of  course)
>for  someone who DID get the demo version to post it to the  net?

It's two (2) 800K disks.  That's probably pushing it for the size of things
going across the net.  The demo on a MacPlus was very slow -- about MacWrite
speed.  We couldn't get it to even launch on a 1 meg Mac II.  Until I see a
good working version with a little more speed, I'll stick with Microsoft
Word, even though the WYSIWYG columns were really nice...

Ken

--
Ken Hancock      UUCP: isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu
               BITNET: isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu

DISCLAIMER: If people weren't so sue-happy, I wouldn't need one!