[comp.sys.mac] middle-of-the-page titles in FullWrite

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (01/25/88)

In article <6618@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> csaron@garnet.berkeley.edu.UUCP (Aron Roberts) writes:
>According to a conversation between an engineer from a large corporate
>customer (a beta site?) and an member of the development team at Ann Arbor
>Softworks, overheard during the crush and pandemonium of MacWorld Expo :-),
>one desktop publishing-like function that FullWrite Professional will NOT
>easily do is to place a full-width title across a page in the middle of
>text columns, as in the following illustration:
>
>       xxxxxxxxx  xxxxxxxxx  <- Continuation of article from previous page
>       xxxxxxxxx  xxxxxxxxx
>         Full-width Title
>       xxxxxxxxx  xxxxxxxxx  <- New article
>       xxxxxxxxx  xxxxxxxxx
>
>One can "fake" this effect by using a sidebar to hold the text columns at
>the top of the page, but then text from the previous page cannot flow into
>the area occupied by the sidebar.

However, if the sidebar is a floating sidebar, than it will toddle around
with the text; that should do the job admirably.  Unless I'm missing what
you wanted to do?

Absolutely right about the hardware requirements for FW; and my worries are
for nought -- the manuals say that Word 1.05 files will be readable when
FullWrite is released.

                            "General, a machine becomes human
                             when you can't tell the difference."

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, hplsla, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...