[comp.sys.mac] Where is macintalk?

debrunne@uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu (01/22/88)

A number of people have mentioned that Macintalk (version 1.3, I think) is
available on Compuserve.  I am not very familiar with Compuserve, though,
so my question is _where_ on Compuserve is Macintalk?

cimeti@nucsrl.UUCP (Israel Cimet) (01/26/88)

>If you need Macintalk and do not have access to any of the commercial
>on-line services, then consider joining APDA. Macintalk 1.31 is
>available from there for something like $10-$15.

>Robert Hammen		Computer Applications	hammen@csd4.milw.wisc.edu
>Delphi: HAMMEN		GEnie: R.Hammen		CI$: 70701,2104

Not really. I got my copy from a BBS and I have seen it posted in many
BBSs. (You can try MacInfo (415)795-8862 or DeskToppers (312)356-3776).

BTW, if anyone is interested in other system software, *ALL* the new
system has been posted to MacInfo. Furthermore, the new demos
for MACPAINT II, MACPROJECT II, MACWRITE 5.0, (along with many others)
have also been posted.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------
I. Arieh CImet
Northwestern University

geb@cadre.dsl.PITTSBURGH.EDU (Gordon E. Banks) (01/26/88)

In article <21847@yale-celray.yale.UUCP> robertj@yale.UUCP writes:

>And for those of us who do not have access to Compuserve, could
>someone please take the little time necessary to post it to
>sumex and to comp.binaries.mac?  I know there are a lot of people
>out there who are eager for it (myself included).  I will be
>happy to give directions for posting on request.

Unfortunately, Apple Computer will have to give permission for posting
of Apple system software to the nets.  As far as I know, they haven't.
Are you listening, Apple folks?