[comp.sys.mac] Quicker Draw?

mkent@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu (Marty Kent) (01/25/88)

From the 20 Jan SF Chronicle business news:

"Andy Hertzfeld, a former Apple employee who helped develop the Macintosh,
noticed that the QickDraw version running his color Macintosh II system
seemed to be slower than necessary.

   "So Hertzfeld, widely known for inventing Macintosh improvments, came up
with a solution that has been dubbed Quicker Draw.  'I came up with a
fabulous new technology that allows me to speed things up by a factor of
three,' he said.

   "But Apple's executives have indicated the company isn't likely to market
the product. Undaunted, Hertzfeld says Radius Inc., the Sunnyvalue maker of
large monitors and of other Macintosh products, will pick up the product if
Apple doesn't change its mind in the next week or so."

Interesting, eh?

Marty Kent  	415/642 0288
		MKent@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu
		{uwvax, decvax, inhp4}!ucbvax!mkent%dewey.soe.berkeley.edu
Kent's heuristic: Look for it first where you'd most like to find it.

merchant@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU (Peter Merchant) (01/27/88)

In article <22727@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU>, Marty Kent writes:
> From the 20 Jan SF Chronicle business news:
>
> "Andy Hertzfeld, a former Apple employee who helped develop the Macintosh..."
                     ------

Former?  I thought he was an Apple Fellow, like Atkinson?
--
"Work it out, baby..."                   Peter Merchant (merchant@eleazar.UUCP)