[comp.sys.mac] Help Please re. Transputer Assist for the Mac

rs4u+@andrew.cmu.edu (Richard Siegel) (01/26/88)

Levco makes a series called the TransLink board; I hear they're damn fast, but
a little on the expensive side. Either way, try them - they advertize in most
Mac magazines.

		--Rich

mikael@sm.luth.se (Mikael Eriksson) (01/28/88)

In article <MVz=ary00WABdXQ1Gn@andrew.cmu.edu> rs4u+@andrew.cmu.edu (Richard Siegel) writes:

>Levco makes a series called the TransLink board; I hear they're damn fast, but
>a little on the expensive side. Either way, try them - they advertize in most
>Mac magazines.
>
>		--Rich

  It is possible that we will use transputer boards as target
machines in a research project hera at the university. I would be
grateful for information regardning Levcos development system from
someone who have had experience with it.
What I would like to know is:
	1) How much of the Macs own hardware is it possible to
	   access (ie screen and mouse)
	2) How good is the compiler.
	3) What other tools is included.
	4) How much does a package with Tools and a card with
	   (say) four transputers cost?

 mikael
--
Mikael Eriksson  (mikael@sm.luth.se)  or  ...enea!sm.luth.se!mikael
.........	From the US         ..!uunet!enea!sm.luth.se!mikael