[comp.sys.mac] Draw it Again, Sam

paul@aucs.UUCP (Paul Steele) (01/28/88)

Has anyone had any experience with the new graphics program "Draw it Again,
Sam"?  I'm thinking of getting it for drawing/drafting applications, but
don't want to get stuck with another lemon like CricketDraw.  Any info
would be appreciated.

Paul H. Steele      USENET:   {uunet|watmath|utai|garfield}!dalcs!aucs!Paul
Acadia University   BITNET:   Paul@Acadia
Wolfville, NS       Internet: Paul%Acadia.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
CANADA  B0P 1X0     (902) 542-2201x587

paul@aucs.UUCP (Paul Steele) (01/29/88)

In article <799@aucs.UUCP> paul@aucs.UUCP (Paul Steele) writes:
>Has anyone had any experience with the new graphics program "Draw it Again,
>Sam"?  I'm thinking of getting it for drawing/drafting applications, but
>don't want to get stuck with another lemon like CricketDraw.  Any info
>would be appreciated.

I'm posting a followup to this message from myself to flame somebody,
although I don't know who.  After posting this message, a couple of
people emailed me that a DIAS demo had appeared in comp.binaries.mac
a couple of weeks ago.  I didn't remember seeing it, but after checking
sure enough, I did find that there was such a demo.  Well, almost. As
usual for multipart postings, parts 3, 5, and 8 (of 9) never arrived
at this site.  That's the reason I didn't remember the DIAS demo; it
hadn't really arrived here in a usable form.

This situation is getting pretty annoying since it happens so often.  For
example, only 2 parts of the 6-part Lightspeed C upgrade arrived here.  Only
two parts of a recent Stuffit posting made it, and Stuffit 1.30, which
someone said had been posted, hasn't arrived here at all yet.  I don't
know who or what is causing this problem, but it seems to me that its
costing some sites on the net money for something they shouldn't have to.
Sort of like paying for damaged goods.  I wonder how many single postings
never make it here that I wouldn't know anything about.  And I often see
followups to articles in comp.sys.mac to questions I've never even seen.
Perhaps I'm complaining about something that no one has any control of,
but it seems to me something should be done.