[comp.sys.mac] TransSkel in Pascal, etc.

dubois@rhesus.primate.wisc.edu (Paul DuBois) (01/27/88)

Someone asked recently about having TransSkel in Pascal posted.
(This is Owen Hartnett's port of TransSkel to Lightspeed Pascal).
I sent it to the moderator of the sources group, oh, over a year
ago.  Did it ever appear?

But before that last comments provokes letters to the moderator, note:
Owen has modified both the C and Pascal versions to fix the SetPort
problems, and to add a provision for better memory management.  I have
the new versions, am checking against the changes I had already made a
year ago, before I got sidetracked.  I will send my notes on this to
Owen and make sure we agree on the changes, and fix a few things in the
docs (e-mail addresses, etc.), then I will post the new versions.
(Current is 1.02 or 1.03 or something).  Unfortunately, I am proceeding
slowly on this.  If I start to get mail on this, it'll speed me up.

When I send it all off to the moderator, I'll post a message to that
effect.  *THEN* you should all send mail to him, to make sure that this
version of Pascal TransSkel gets posted.  That will make him very happy
with me, I'm sure. :-)

---
Paul DuBois     UUCP: {allegra,ihnp4,uunet}!uwvax!rhesus!dubois     |
                ARPA: dubois@rhesus.primate.wisc.edu              --+--

"Live by the sword, die by the sword."                              |
s/the sword/promiscuity/g

clubmac@runx.ips.oz (Macintosh Users Group) (01/30/88)

In article <272@rhesus.primate.wisc.edu> dubois@rhesus.primate.wisc.edu (Paul DuBois) writes:
>Someone asked recently about having TransSkel in Pascal posted.
>(This is Owen Hartnett's port of TransSkel to Lightspeed Pascal).
>I sent it to the moderator of the sources group, oh, over a year
>ago.  Did it ever appear?

It certainly didn't appear in Australia.

>But before that last comments provokes letters to the moderator, note:
>Owen has modified both the C and Pascal versions to fix the SetPort
>problems, and to add a provision for better memory management.  I have
>the new versions, am checking against the changes I had already made a
>year ago, before I got sidetracked.  I will send my notes on this to
>Owen and make sure we agree on the changes, and fix a few things in the
>docs (e-mail addresses, etc.), then I will post the new versions.
>(Current is 1.02 or 1.03 or something).  Unfortunately, I am proceeding
>slowly on this.  If I start to get mail on this, it'll speed me up.

Speed up.

>When I send it all off to the moderator, I'll post a message to that
>effect.  *THEN* you should all send mail to him, to make sure that this
>version of Pascal TransSkel gets posted.  That will make him very happy
>with me, I'm sure. :-)

Let's hope it doesn't disappear into the comp.{binaries,sources}.mac wormhole!

BTW, has anyone seen my posting of d'Librarian 2.42 demo?

Jason Haines, President

Club Mac Macintosh Users Group, Sydney, Australia
Phone Home: +61-2-73-4444
Snail:      Box 213, Holme Building, Sydney University, NSW, 2006, Australia
ACSnet:     clubmac@runx.ips.oz	   ARPA:   clubmac%runx.ips.oz@uunet.uu.net
UUCP:{enea,hplabs,mcvax,prlb2,uunet,ubc-vision,ukc}!munnari!runx.ips.oz!clubmac