[comp.sys.mac] broadcasting tool on AppleTalk

joachim@iravcl.ira.uka.de (01/31/88)

In article <229@uvabick.UUCP> matthew@uvabick.UUCP (Matthew D. Lewis) writes:
>I run a fairly large AppleTalk network running on LocalTalk cabling (Phonenet,
>actually).  We have some 45 Macs, with about 60-70 people using them.  Every
>time there's a server problem, or a printer problem, I have to phone
>everyone that I can find.  I'd like something that would allow me to broadcast
>(break in, that is) to everyone's screens.  Specifically, an application or
>DA to do the broadcast, and an init or driver to receive it.  Anyone no of any
>such thing?  Please reply by e-mail, and I'll summarize if there's anything
>interesting.  Thanks a lot in advance.
>
>Matthew Lewis
>University of Amsterdam

I have written an INIT and a corresponding application for use in our
Macintosh Lab on campus. It does support network shutdown too.
It will be shown at EUC (Apple University Consortium Europe) in
Heidelberg (West Germany) on 6th through 9th April, 1988.

It is not clear if we'll place it PD or shareware or anything at all,
if you are interested e-mail to me and I'll convince my boss (actually
two of them) that we need a policy about utilities written on our campus.

Joachim Lindenberg, University of Karlsruhe
Federal Republic of Germany - West Germany.