[comp.sys.mac] StuffIt 1.3x Requests

raylau@dasys1.UUCP (Raymond Lau) (01/30/88)

To those who have requested that I send along 1.3x....

I started to fill requests...but bec. of a rather large volume or requests,
and a large number of bounced letters, I believe that sending out 80k of
the application and another 30k for the doc file to individuals is becoming
an abuse of net mail..

Thus, if you cannot find a copy (I believe it's on sumex)...  then send a disk
& sase by us mail.  Let's not tie up the net when to most locations, us mail
is just as fast...

--
Raymond Lau                       GEnie: RayLau
100-04 70 Ave.                    CIS: 76174,2617

seth@CS.UCLA.EDU (01/31/88)

Since I can't figure out a reasonable mail path to Mr. Lau, I thought I'd
post this bug report for at least Stuffit 1.2 and 1.31.  Basically the file
dialogs used by stuffit are incompatible with SF Scroll Init the init
remembers where you last where in the file list so you don't have to keep
scrolling down from the top).  What happens is that Stuffit crashes when
you try to move to a different folder in the dialog.

Otherwise Stuffit is wonderful.

						Seth Goldman

ARPA:   seth@CS.UCLA.EDU
UUCP:   ...!{ihnp4,cepu,trwspp,sdcrdcf,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!seth
USMail: A.I. Lab, 3531 Boelter Hall, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA  90024
MaBell: (213) 825-5199

mo@well.UUCP (Maurice Weitman) (02/01/88)

In article <10958@shemp.UCLA.EDU> seth@CS.UCLA.EDU (Seth Goldman) writes:
>[...] Basically the file
>dialogs used by stuffit are incompatible with SF Scroll Init the init
>remembers where you last where in the file list so you don't have to keep
>scrolling down from the top).  What happens is that Stuffit crashes when
>you try to move to a different folder in the dialog.

Seth, I've had the same problem with SFScrollInit and QuicKeys
v1.1, and have had to remove (with much pain and chagrin)
SFScrollInit.  Btw, others have not found this to be a problem,
so I might be barking up the wrong init here.

>Otherwise Stuffit is wonderful.
I wholeheartedly agree.

--
Maurice Weitman           ..!{dual,hplabs,lll-crg,ptsfa,glacier}!well!mo
 | <- this is not a pipe  1634 Walnut  Berkeley, CA  94709  (415)549-0280
Quote:  "If we're not listening, we'd have to be pretty blind." J-L Gassee
Disclaimer:  Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

t-jacobs@utah-cs.UUCP (Tony Jacobs) (02/02/88)

In article <10958@shemp.UCLA.EDU> seth@CS.UCLA.EDU (Seth Goldman) writes:
>Since I can't figure out a reasonable mail path to Mr. Lau, I thought I'd
>post this bug report for at least Stuffit 1.2 and 1.31.  Basically the file
>dialogs used by stuffit are incompatible with SF Scroll Init the init
>remembers where you last where in the file list so you don't have to keep
>scrolling down from the top).  What happens is that Stuffit crashes when
>you try to move to a different folder in the dialog.

 the SF Scroll Init works just fine with my configuration. Mac SE,4.2 Sys,6.0
Finder, 1.31 Stuffit.

--
Tony Jacobs * Center for Engineering Design * U of U * t-jacobs@ced.utah.edu