[comp.sys.mac] printing problem - HELP...

waldman@endor.harvard.edu (benjamin Waldman) (02/03/88)

I'm having a problem in a program I'm working on, and I was hoping that
someone out there woud be able to help.  The problem involves printing.

After calling PrOpenDoc (to initialize a printing port), PrError() returns
an error -192, a resource not found error.  What could be causing this?
I've called PrOpen() to open the printer resource file and driver, and this
call worked (no error), and I've even put up the printer job dialog and gotten
a response from the user.
					Thanks in advance,
					Ben Waldman
					waldman@endor.harvard.edu

stew@endor.harvard.edu (Stew Rubenstein) (02/03/88)

In article <3977@husc6.harvard.edu> waldman@endor.UUCP (benjamin Waldman) writes:
>I'm having a problem in a program I'm working on, and I was hoping that
>someone out there woud be able to help.  The problem involves printing.
>
>After calling PrOpenDoc (to initialize a printing port), PrError() returns
>an error -192, a resource not found error.  What could be causing this?

The printing manager calls many other toolbox functions.  The best way to
proceed with this kind of problem is to use your debugger's trap trace
or trap record function, and scan back over recent traps to find the
call to GetResource which is failing.  Then you can look at the stack at
that point to determine which resource it's trying to get.

Stew Rubenstein
Cambridge Scientific Computing, Inc.
UUCPnet:    seismo!harvard!rubenstein            CompuServe: 76525,421
Internet:   rubenstein@harvard.harvard.edu       MCIMail:    CSC