mdm@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU (Michael McDaniel) (02/03/88)

I'm told there is a picture hidden in ROM somewhere on the Mac
SE.  Does anyone know how to access this?

Thanks -

| Michael McDaniel                mdm@eleazar.dartmouth.edu  |
| Spock:  I was attempting the hell to communicate.          |

ajq@j.cc.purdue.edu (John O'Malley) (02/04/88)

In article <8073@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU> mdm@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU (Michael McDaniel) writes:
>I'm told there is a picture hidden in ROM somewhere on the Mac
>SE.  Does anyone know how to access this?

I saved the following article, which appeared in comp.sys.mac a couple of
months ago:

	From: rj0z+@andrew.cmu.edu (Robert George Johnston, Jr.)
	     The question was how to see the Macintosh SE
	 Development Team pictures that exist in the SE's ROM.

	     (1) Press the Interrupt Button on the side of the SE.
	           (This is the Programmer's Switch)

	     (2) Type G 41D89A

	     (3) Press Return.

	     This will run a very small program in ROM that displays
	 four (I think) pictures of assorted Apple Development People.
	 You must Restart your Macintosh to get out of this, so don't
	 do it while working on something important.

And it worked when I tried it on a Mac SE HD 20.  Pretty neat!

John O'Malley      \  Personal Computing       \  Purdue University \ (317)
j.cc.purdue.edu!ajq \  Learning Resource Center \  Computing Center  \ 494-1787